Caught a great, potential-to-make-your-life-better post in the stream a little earlier…
She’s had quite the epiphany regarding Vitamin D and its benefits to her own health experience…and she wrote about it here; check it out…LOTS of vital info that’ll have you pondering your own relationship with Vitamin D.
Ramdesh sites some incredible reasons why Vitamin D can be your new BFF…
Here’s some of the fabulous health benefits of Vitamin D:
1. Vitamin D prevents Osteomalacia and Rickets, which cause weakness of the muscular and skeletal systems.
2. Vitamin D helps in the absorption of calcium, preventing osteoporosis.
3. Vitamin D helps the intestines absorb nutrients, so when you are low in Vitamin D, you aren’t able to get the rest of the vitamins and minerals you need.
4. Vitamin D can help prevent cancer, preclampsia, diabetes, thyroid problems and renal problems.
5. Vitamin D helps to regulate blood pressure, muscle aches, and relieve stress.
6. Vitamin D has huge benefits for your mental and emotional well-being. It relieves depression and can even, believe it or not, smooth out your wrinkles.
3 Cheers for Vitamin D3!!!
We live in WI and winters are challenging (especially for my body which has been known to have it’s own set of pain stories!), and this winter has been a real invitation to accept what is and find the sunshine deep down in my heart, let me tell you!
I keep telling everyone it’s my daily sadhana & yoga practice that are getting me through this LONG winter…and that IS true, *with* the help of my support team (as I like to call them)…
- 5000 IU of D3/day being one of the most important members,
- along with Chyawanprash,
- B Complex,
- and others (LOVE Organic India’s JOY formula!)
- …and let’s not forget the early a.m. hot oil/cold shower routine!
Gotta Love AHA Moments!
Reading Ramdesh’s post made me realize just how important the vitamin D aspect has been to my not just surviving this winter, but truly thriving with quite a bit of grace and ease!
Vitamin D3 is such an easy thing to add to our daily routine! SO worth it to feel FREEr in our bodies…and more Happy, Healthy and Holy in our experience!
It’s a wonderful dose of SUNSHINE! …it helps our amazing body vehicles stay well tuned to KEEP UP with the youthful nature of our hearts!
If you’re feeling unusually sluggish or down…or if you’ve been experiencing pain or stiffness and inflammation that keeps you from being your vital, active self, don’t just shrug it off to the weather, or to getting older, or to … !!!
Consider that something your body naturally needs, but isn’t getting enough of, is a part of the equation. Consider that it just may be you need a healthy dose of D3!
More Super Awesome Vitamin D Info
This article from Dr. Frank Lipman is incredibly comprehensive…answering many of my own curiosity questions around Vitamin D… Including:
- what ailments and diseases are associated with Vitamin D deficiency
- what are good food sources of Vitamin D, and can I get enough from the foods I eat
- what about the sun, can I get what I need there
- what are the symptoms of Vitamin D defiency
- how much do I need to balance and what should my blood levels be
- are the US recommended doses real and accurate
- what is the correct test to ask for and is there a way to test without seeing a doctor
- …and MORE!
- Click here to read: Vitamin D: What You Need to Know by Dr. Frank Lipman
A simple test from your health practitioner can determine whether you are Vitamin D deficient.
Here’s to Optimum Well-BEing on all levels!!!